This blog post tells you how to solve the ‘Ghostcript is missing’ error message.
I had just installed Scribus and when running the DTP software for the first time, I saw the error:
Ghostscript is missing
Ghostscript is not installed on your system, or Scribus is not configured with the path to the software.
Warning: These instructions are for Windows users and you run any software at your own risk.
How to install Ghostscript for Scribus:
- Close Scribus software.
- Visit https://www.ghostscript.com/download.html
- Click on Ghostscript (not PCL, XPS or PDL).
- Then click on either the 32-bit or 64-bit download release you require.
- Install the software and reboot your computer.
- Then run the Scribus software.
This solved the problem for me and I didn’t see the error again.