This blog post is about how I claimed a free online movie rental on Rakuten TV via the Three mobile phone service in the UK.
I’m using a Three PAYG sim in an unlocked second-hand phone I purchased via eBay. I installed the Wuntu application via Google Play. At the time of writing, every so often a free online movie rental has been offered to Three customers via the Wuntu mobile application.
I’ve found the movie selection to be good, and this morning I obtained another free movie rental (thanks Rakuten and Three!). I’m thinking about watching either the latest Fast and the Furious or Baby Driver tonight.
I had previously registered via the Wuntu mobile app. The application displays the latest offers. Though on this occasion I checked this site first, and at the time of writing a free movie rental offer was available.
Please note: I don’t work for Three or Rakuten and I’m not being sponsored to write this blog post. Depending on the Wuntu promotions available, there might not be a movie offer available when you try to follow my steps below.
How I claimed a free movie rental
- I opened the Wuntu application on my android phone.
- Lucky for me, there was a movie offer available ‘Catch a blockbuster…’, which I then selected.
- I wanted to immediately obtain the code and watch a movie this evening, so I selected ‘Use now’.
- Suddenly it displayed ‘Hold your horses’, but I again selected ‘Use now’ as I was eager to obtain the code.
- It then displayed a code in a box, which I noted down (but others might prefer to use the ‘copy code and go to site’ option.
- This is where I am different to some users, as I prefer to use the desktop version of Rakuten. So on my home computer, I log into the Rakuten TV website.
- I then visit the page: https://uk.rakuten.tv/points/welcome
- I click on ‘Redeem’.
- I then enter the code I noted down, and select ‘Redeem’.
- It confirmed I had 350 points to use.
Most people probably will do all the above steps via their mobile device, and I’m likely doing it an awkward way.
In the past I used to rent VHS tapes and DVDs from Blockbuster. Then I borrowed movies from local libraries. These days I use services such as Amazon and NowTV. This Three promotion has definitely made me aware of Rakuten TV.
I watched my last free movie rental from Rakuten TV via an old PC connected to a large television and found the quality and service to be good.