This blog post is about how to upgrade from Microsoft Windows 7 to 10 for free.
Note: This blog post was written in mid-July 2018 and at the time of writing this free upgrade option was still working. Depending on when you read this blog post, the free upgrade might not be available.
Warning: I’m not vouching for any software or links mentioned below. Please make sure you’ve performed a backup before continuing.
- Visit the Microsoft website page.
- Click on the ‘Download tool now’ button to download the Media Creation Tool.
- Run the Microsoft software you just downloaded.
- If you agree to the notes and license terms, select ‘Accept’.
- If you wish to upgrade the PC, make sure the option is selected and then press ‘Next’.
- Again, you will be shown notices and license terms. If you agree, select ‘Accept’.
- Please review the options and when ready, select ‘Install’.
- Once Windows 10 has installed, you will then be prompted to choose between various configuration options.
After upgrading to Windows 10, you might be interested in the blog post about removing a Windows 7 backup after upgrading.