This blog post is about how to set the time on the Casio F-91W watch and includes a review.
As part of a collection of birthday presents I purchased for my wonderful girlfriend last year, I purchased a purple Casio watch. We often are out and about, so if it got scratched or damaged, it wouldn’t really matter and could cheaply be replaced.
Turns out it was a great gift and it has been used for over a year. I’m not going to bother looking up the history of the watch, but the lightweight watch has the 80s look and can be classed as retro.
I just looked on eBay and there are lots of listings for new versions in a variety of colours. I didn’t realise how many there were, so perhaps or all of these are fakes? I hope not! I don’t have a clue, but the watch I purchased for my girlfriend last year was stocked in the UK, arrived quickly and the battery is still going.
How to set the time!
Setting the time and date is easy… once you know how!
- Press the bottom left button a few times until the time flashes. *
- Use the bottom right button to set the option.
- Use the top left button to change to another option. i.e. minute, hour, day etc.
- Don’t press a button and eventually it will save and reset. **
* If this doesn’t work, press the top left button once or twice to change the back-light colour and then try option 1 again.
** Supposedly you should press the bottom left button at the end of adjustments to save, but it kept resetting the watch when I did this and found the above solution in step 4 worked for me.
It isn’t exactly a feature rich watch, but it is cheap, light and is available in a good selection of colours. I’m glad I purchased this watch for my girlfriend.