Each day I am going to write a blog post based on the list below. I am encouraging you all to join in. Both business and personal bloggers alike, you are all welcome. I challenge you!
Starting Saturday write one blog post a day, each with 300 to 400 words about:
- What the purpose of my website is, who I am and why my blog is unique?
- Answer one question I think people visiting my blog may have.
- Write a blog post on the same topic as one of my most popular posts.
- Share a photo I took this week and tell you about it.
- Embed a legal youtube clip that I either found today or created myself. Then tell everyone about the clip and related information.
- Create a blog post on a subject I’ve never blogged about here before.
- Share hints or details of what I intend to write about in the future.
Update: 31st Jan ’11 – There has been a slight confusion over the ‘first-person view’ wording I used to describe each task. I do apologise. Each task is to be written from your perspective and not about Andrew Emmett, his posts, blog, photos or videos (nice though that is). Write everything in relation to you the writer.
Both businesses and home users should be able to write all seven posts. Remember the limit is 400 words, but closer to 300 is ideal. Anymore than 400 words and you fail the challenge! It doesn’t matter if the challenge represents your first seven blog posts or you’ve written hundreds. For those who have old blogs not updated recently, a great opportunity to start the ball rolling again. Don’t forget you can always write and schedule your posts, you don’t have to sit down every day to join in.
These seven posts will help form an impression of you and could attract new readers or enrich your blog for your returning visitors. Feel free to ‘ping’ this post if you wish, leave a reply here or to any of my challenge posts and I will read your posts also.
Why not take part?
Update 28th Jan ’11 – You can find the participation list here. Still time to join and please let me know if you want your blogged added to the list.